Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cherry Cobbler

My tastes border on fanatical when it comes to cherries. I have yet to find a setting where I do not gravitate & salivate over these little red fruits. This combines my favorite fruit with, in my opinion, a cold weather staple, cobbler.



Cherry Cobbler


base:
2 cups pitted sour cherries
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour


crisp topping:

1/2 cup walnut bits

1/2 cup flour

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp chilled butter, cut into bits

1 cup rolled oats

1 egg white


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Place cherries into the bowl, and toss with the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour. Distribute the cherry mixture evenly over the bottom of a greased 9 X 13 inch dish.

In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients and toss. Then pour over cherry mixture.

Bake uncovered in the oven for 30 minutes.

No comments: