Friday, September 5, 2008

Corn & Potato Soup

I find this to be the perfect soup to eat on a cool evening. It's so satisfying to feel that warmth fill your belly. This recipe (and photo, since it was a rainy day out and I couldn't for the life of me get a good shot) is from Mothering Magazine.



Corn and Potato Soup

2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced (I used green onion)
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4-5 ears worth)
2 1/2 cups red potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh pepper
1 quart vegetable stock
6 oz of 1% milk
1 tsp cilantro (optional)

Heat oil in a 6-8 quart pot and saute onion, garlic, and cumin over medium heat until the onion is translucent. Then add the corn, potatoes, salt, pepper, and stock. Bring this to a boil then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are nice and soft. Top it off with the milk and cilantro if you're using it and serve.

SO GOOD!

5 comments:

Amy said...

mmmmm, I am going to try this!

Amy said...

I made this last night....YUMMY! Served with some nice crispy bread and it hit the spot! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

it's a winner! making it twice in one week!!

Olive said...

im so glad you like it! it is indeed delicious!!

Eva said...

I'm making this tonight! Hoping to give some to a friend who's sick